Top R&B Wedding Songs 2019


Celebrate your wedding with all the songs you remember and love. Whether it's a boy band or girl group, New Jack Swing, a one-hit wonder, or a special song by one of your favorite diva, find a song that moves you to capture that special moment. Choose some African American wedding songs with Soul.

Photo: Theswedish


90's R&B Wedding Songs


Here's a mid-90's smash hit wedding song by female R&B group Pure Soul. This was the first true "wedding" song of that era.


Get "We Must Be in Love" by Pure Soul [Amazon].




Tony Terry: With You

There's all kinds of early 90′s New Jack Swing goodness in the outfits and hair, but the song itself is timeless. With You is a great R&B wedding song.


Standout lyric: "When I'm with you, the sun shines my way. Baby, our love reflects its rays of light on everyone in the world."





Guy: Let's Chill

Let's Chill is the quintessential New Jack Swing-era wedding song from Guy (The Future album).

Standout lyric: "Let's chill. Let's settle down. That's what I wanna do. Just me and you."




90's R&B Wedding Songs

Some of those slow jams you remember from the 1990s would make great wedding songs. It wasn't all high-top fades and New Jack Swing. (I remember. I was there.) It was the birth of Neo Soul, the rebirth of R&B bands, and the 3rd (and most prolific) wave of boy bands. Check out this 90s R&B Wedding Playlist:

Whitney Houston: I Believe in You and Me

Luther Vandross: Here and Now

Luther Vandross: Always and Forever (Heatwave remake)

Whistle: Always and Forever (Heatwave remake)

Guy: Let's Chill

Regina Belle and Peabo Bryson: A Whole New World (from Disney's Aladdin)

Endless Love: Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross (remake)

Teena Marie: If I Were a Bell

Tony Terry: With You

Tony Terry: Everlasting Love

Surface: The First Time

D'Angelo: Lady

After 7: Ready or Not

Pure Soul: We Must Be In Love [Amazon]

Blackstreet: Joy

Jon B. featuring Babyface: Someone to Love

Brian McKnight: Never Felt This Way (He serenaded Gina in this episode of Martin.)

Babyface: You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker remake. He serenaded Gina with this at the wedding in this episode of Martin.

Babyface (w/ Mariah Carey and Kenny G): Everytime I Close My Eyes

Maxwell: Whenever, Wherever, Whatever

Aaliyah: At Your Best (You Are Love)

Patti LaBelle: My Love, Sweet Love

Faith Evans: Kissing You

Faith Evans: Never Gonna Let You Go

Monica: For You I Will

Tony Toni Tone: Just Me and You

Toni Braxton: You Mean the World to Me

K-Ci and JoJo: All My Life

K-Ci and JoJo: Tell Me It's Real

Shai: Together Forever

Lauryn Hill and D'angelo: Nothing Even Matters

112: Crazy Over You

Jagged Edge: I Gotta Be

Jagged Edge: The Rest of Our Lives

Dru Hill: Share My World

New Edition: Still In Love

Jodeci: Forever My Lady (the shotgun wedding song, I suppose)

Jodeci: My Heart Belongs to U

Jodeci: Love U 4 Life

Kenny Lattimore: All My Tomorrows

Mint Condition: This Day, This Minute, Right Now

Eric Benet and Tamia: Spend My Life With You

Case: Happily Ever After

Find R&B Wedding songs from the 1990′s on iTunes:

Top Songs 90s iTunes logo

Jodeci: Love U 4 Life


Love U 4 Life is a classic 90s ballad from Jodeci, the group that made them better than anybody else. The video stars T-Boz from TLC.


Standout lyric: "Do you believe in love, and the promise that it gives?
I wanna love you for life, 'cause your love is why I live."





Eric Benet and Tamia: Spend My Life with You

I don't know this couple, (so I hope they don't mind me showcasing this), but boy are they adorable, and Eric Benet and Tamia's duet, "Spend My Life With You" is a perfect R&B song for their first dance.


Standout lyric: Well, it's a wedding song through and through, but my favorite line is,

"Can I just see you every morning when I open my eyes?"






Maxwell: Fortunate



By the early aughts, Neo Soul was in full swing. One of the best wedding songs of the decade came from one of the pioneers of the genre, Maxwell.



I don't know an R&B-lovin' bride alive who wouldn't want the sexiness that is Maxwell to serenade them with this tune. Here's "Fortunate" by Maxwell





K-Ci & JoJo: This Very Moment



Everyone knows "All my Life," but the Hailey brothers from Jodeci have another wedding anthem that you should consider if you're choosing R&B wedding songs. Here's "This Very Moment," which was featured on the Deliver us from Eva soundtrack. Look out for cameos in the movie's cast: Duane Martin, Meagan Goode, Robinne Lee, Essence Atkins and Mel Jackson.



Standout lyric: "This is the day that I prayed for, and you are the girl of my dreams."







2000's R&B Wedding Songs & Neo Soul Wedding Songs



India Arie: Beautiful Surprise

Boyz II Men: I Do

Boyz II Men: Thank You in Advance

Brandy: He Is

Brian McKnight: Love of My Life

Jagged Edge: Let's Get Married

R. Kelly: Forever More

Glenn Jones and Regina Belle: From Now On

Heather Headley: If It Wasn't for Your Love

Dave Hollister: Forever

Gerald Levert: Made to Love Ya

R. Kelly: Forever

Kenny Lattimore: For You

Alicia Keys: If I Ain't Got You

Alicia Keys: Never Felt This Way (Brian McKnight remake)

Kenny Lattimore and Chante Moore: When I Said I Do

Jesse Powell: You

Kindred the Family Soul: Stars

Amel Larrieux: Make Me Whole

Maxwell: Fortunate

Musiq Soulchild: Love, also available as an instrumental [Amazon]

Sade: By Your Side

Sisqo: Incomplete

Tyrese: For Always



2005-2009 Soulful Wedding Songs

These are selections from the late-2000's.

Eric Benet: I Wanna Be Loved

Eric Benet: The Last Time

John Legend: So High

Jaheim: Forever

Kem: I Can't Stop Loving You

Bobby Valentino (Bobby V): Just Me & You, feat. Raphael Saadiq (Tony, Toni, Tone remake)

Bobby Valentino: Stay With Me

Bobby Valentino: Give Me Your Heart

Jaheim featuring Next: Anything

Keyshia Cole: Heaven Sent

Keyshia Cole: You Complete Me

Chrisette Michele: Your Joy (father / daughter song)

Chrisette Michele: Golden

Jamie Foxx & Beyonce: When I First Saw You (Dreamgirls soundtrack)

Mint Condition: I'm Ready [Amazon]

J. Holiday: Forever Ain't Enough

Anthony Hamilton: Can't Let Go

Johnny Gill: You for Me (The Wedding Song)

Musiq Soulchild: Someone

Jennifer Hudson: Giving Myself

Usher: Here I Stand

Maxwell: Pretty Wings

I Found Love (Cindy's Song): BeBe & CeCe Winans

Eric Roberson: BreakItDown (Break It Down)

Ne-Yo: Never Knew I Needed

Ne-Yo: Stop this World

Jumping the Broom Soundtrack


Jumping the Broom movie image
Download the Jumping the Broom movie soundtrack on iTunes.

Jumping the Broom itunes logo


2010 - 2014 R&B Wedding Songs


Kem: Share My Life

Anthony David: 4Evermore, also known as “Forevermore (I Shine and You Shine)”

Luke James: I Want You

Eric Benet: Real Love

Eric Benet: Never Want to Live Without You

Musiq Soulchild: Yes

Miguel: Adorn

Robin Thicke: 4 the Rest of My Life

Janelle Monae & Miguel: PrimeTime

Jahiem: In My Hands

Chrisette Michele: A Couple of Forevers

Faith Evans: Tears of Joy * A really soulful song. Faith goes to 'Chuuch' on this one!

Tank: Next Breath

Bruno Mars: Marry You

Beyonce: 1+1

Charlie Wilson: You Are

Charlie Wilson: Once and Forever

Alicia Keys: Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)

Justin Timberlake: Not a Bad Thing

Jason Derulo: What If



Charlie Wilson: You Are

The song "You Are" by "Uncle Charlie" of The Gap Band has the wedding-themed video to go with it, but "Once and Forever" would also make a nice wedding song.





R&B Wedding Songs 2015 / 2016

The style of R&B has changed a lot over the years. Some of these songs are more of-the-moment and trendy than timeless, but it doesn't matter as long as the song means something to you. Here are some good R&B wedding songs from 2010 – 2015:

Wale feat. Usher: The Matrimony



Tamia: Stuck with Me

John Legend & Meghan Trainor: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Stacy Barthe: To Be Loved

John Legend: All of Me

Jason Derulo: Marry Me

Tyrese feat. Brandy: The Rest of Our Lives

Comments